Skysisters is not just about the jumping! One of the main missions of the Skysisters concept is to educate ourselves, open our minds to new ways of thinking and doing things, foster the learning curve of the up-and-coming female skydivers and basically share the love.
Commencing the week before Skysisters at the Learning Curve Camp and continuing through Skysisters 3 are a smorgasbord of high calibre seminars presented by some of the world's most talented and spirited skydivers.
Watch this space for more details as they become available.
Tuesday, 19 April 2011
- "Exit Separation" by Belgium Steve
Wednesday, 20 April 2011
- "Dealing with Malfunctions" by Belgium Steve
Saturday, 23 April 2011
“Packing Made Easy” with Lisa Perdichizzi
Q&A with Rob Kendall, Tour Representative, Airtec
The CYPRES AAD is a sophisticated and complex piece of electronic skydiving equipment. Understanding your AAD is an important part of safe skydiving. CYPRES tour representative Rob Kendall will be on site to answer your questions and give a brief background on the conception of the CYPRES AAD, it's function and features during a relaxed Q&A session with cocktails in hand!
- Q&A with Norman Kent
"Please be generous by participating with questions. It can be about almost anything. We will not get in to technical subject because I would like to keep it appealing to all and those should be dealt with during my workshop instead. Other than that, what is it that you would like to know about me, my work, my life, etc. :)"
Sunday, 24 April 2011
"Upcoming 500-way World record” and Q&A with Kate Cooper-Jensen
“Jumping at the Top of the World” Mt Everest jumping expeditions by Wendy Smith
- The World's most Elite Skydiving Adventure to date
- Skydiving in front of Mount Everest (29,035ft - 8848m)
- World Heritage area national park trekking and skydiving
- Freefalling past some of the world's highest mountain peaks
- Landing on the highest Drop Zone in the world
- Experience the Himalayas from above and below
- Visit Kathmandu and the Sherpa’s lands of the Everest region
- Experience the Himalayan environment of vast altitudes and acclimatization
- Experience a High Altitude jump, HALO - with supplementary Oxygen
- Air to air video on each jump
- Professional photography available with your jump
- Be part of an Elite club of International skydivers
- Jump aircraft: Turbine Pilatus Porter P.C 6
- Drop zone vehicles: Squirrel B3 helicopter, local yaks, pony's and porters
- One of the adventure world's top unique experiences
- You could be part of the international record books & history
www.everest-skydive.com - the most amazing adventure of a life time...
Monday, 25 April 2011
Landings Debrief & Canopy Piloting by Nick Grillet, Marketing Rep, Performance Designs Inc.
"My canopy control seminar will be for fundamental canopy control skills. Not swooping, but information on landing patterns, flare technique and how your canopy model and size influence these things. We do have a choice on our size canopy but we DON'T have a choice of the sizes of other jumpers on the load, so we need to learn how to fly in the same air space with everyone. This will keep DZs safer."
“BASEClimb, World Record wingsuit base jumping” by Heather Swann
Ten years ago Heather was at Ramblers struggling to complete her ‘B Rels’, and thinking; ”I’ll never be able to do this.” Today she is a World Record Holding Wingsuit BASEjumper.
Her journey from busy working mother - a corporate executive - with no background in adventure, and a self described ‘hopeless skydiver’ to world record holding BASEjumper was a roller coaster ride of high Himalayan Mountains, near death experiences, spectacular jumps, love and friendship. It is a story every Skysister should hear.
Heather talks about the why and the how, about fear and how to move past it, about self doubt, and how to beat it, and about finding and following your dreams, no matter how outrageous, and now matter how hard.
Supported by pictures and video from 10 years of expeditions around the world, including the record breaking wingsuit BASEjump from the 6672m Mt Meru in the Indian Himalaya, Heather’s presentation is highly sort after around the world. She’s been invited to speak in the United States, the UK, Dubai, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong and New Zealand. She’s been featured in the Australian Woman’s Weekly, Marie Claire, Notebook, Who and many other publications as an inspiration to women. With her husband and adventure partner Dr. Glenn Singleman, she’s featured on Australian Story, 60 Minutes, in Australian Geographic and many other current affairs programs. Heather is the author of two books - Defying Gravity, Defying Fear and ‘No Ceiling’.
Wednesday, 27 April 2011
“Goal Setting for Skydiving Girls” by Melanie Curtis
- “Atmonauti Games” by Gigliola Borgnis
Thursday, 28 April 2011
- Q&A with Sunpath’s Chris Talbert & Dave Singer